Duration: 4 Days
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Inca Jungle Trail 4 Days Itinerary
DAY 1: CUSCO TO SANTA MARIA
The tour Inca Jungle Trail ungbegins at 7;00 am. Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery as you are driven to over 4,200 meters above sea level to the top of Abra Malaga. Take a deep breath, strap on the protective gear provided and take in the majestic mountain before hitting the pavement on brand new mountain bikes. Feel the wind whip your face as you cruise down winding mountain roads, past waterfalls, mountain villages and the occasional road dog. Almost three hours and a 2,000-meter decent of white knuckled excitement brings you to the lunch stop in Alfamayo. Strip off layers and slap on insect repellent as you enter the pre-jungle climate. After lunch and some time to relax (to let the heat of the afternoon melt away) a short van ride takes you to the start of your first short trek. About 10 minutes penetrating the jungle takes you to your accommodation for the evening. Our Marvelous lodge provides the perfect backdrop to recover from the trek and recount the excitement of the day. Keep an eye out for the family mongoose and parrot!
* OPTIONAL RAFTING TOUR IN SANTA MARIA, US$30
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA TO SANTA TERESA
A 7 am wake up finds you shrouded in the mists of the jungle. After a hearty breakfast your day starts with a short but intense climb to start your section of an authentic Inca Trail. As you wind up and down precipitous cliffs over a stunning valley your guide will transport you to the time of the Incas, revealing some of what little we do know from this ancient and amazing culture. The trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have some time to relax in hammocks. Keep an eye out for natural fruit, especially the taste explosion that is maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch the trek continues along the surging Urubamba river, crossing it at one point in a cart and pulley (safe yet thrilling!). Your day of trekking (around 16km) concludes with a visit to the immaculate Santa Theresa hot springs. Sink into the warm water and let the aches of the trail melt away. Dinner and a comfortable hostel in Santa Theresa rounds out the day.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA TO AGUAS CALIENTES
A choice waits at the outset of the third day: either continue trekking, or choose to fly through the air 150 meters above the ground over rivers and jungle! The zip line option includes transport to the zip line facility and 5 zips. Are you brave enough to lean back into the upside down monkey position? Or spread your wings and dive head first in the incredible superman position. Make sure you book your zip line ahead of time to ensure the safest, highest, fastest zips (there are several other zip tours of lesser quality).The group will re-form at the Hidrolectrica station for lunch before continuing the trek. Another three hours trekking along the train tracks and the raging river brings you to the tourist town of Aguas Calientes. Travelers have the option to visit the local hot springs or relax and explore the town before dinner. Make sure you make it an early night to be awake for the ascent to the jewel of the tour: Machu Picchu!
* OPTIONAL ZIP LINE TOUR IN SANTA TERESA, US$30
DAY 4 – MACHU PICCHU / HUAYNA PICCHU TO CUSCO
Your climb to Machu Picchu begins before the sun is up. Ascend step by step for approximately an hour up the Inca staircase to the formerly lost stronghold of Machu Picchu. A 2-hour guided tour reveals mysteries and poses questions of how the Incas lived and were able to achieve such marvelous feats of engineering. After the tour you have the option to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain for an even more incredible view of the ruins and the surrounding sheer cliffs of the Andes. Take your time exploring the wondrous ruins and get that perfect picture before making your descent back to Aguas Calientes. Your return time to Cusco will depend on which transport option, or return train you select.
Huayna Picchu is the mountain located at the northwest end of the ruins and Machu Picchu mountain is located at the southwest end. Huayna Picchu is steeper, but more popular and has some interesting archeological ruins at the top. Machu Picchu mountain is a longer trek, less steep and less crowded and offers great views over Machu Picchu. Check this amazing link out for views from the Huayna Picchu mountain and Machu Picchu mountain .
Huayanpicchu cost $20 dollars extra depending of spaces.(we have to book thisd in advanced)
Machupicchu montaña $20.
Students: $20 dollars discount (Studen Card from your University)
WHAT IS INCLUDED In Inca Jungle Trail 4 Days:
- Transfer from your hotel at 7:00 am
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – 2:30 pm – 4:12 pm – 7:00 pm Inca Rail
- Private car to Santa María or biking point
- Bicycles scott hydraulic brakes,integral helmets,full body armor,full safety Equipment.
- All meals except the last day (3 Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 3 Dinners)
- 3 Nights Accomodations (Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes) Private toilets and showers.
- Briefing the day before.
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”
- Entrance to Machu Pichu
- Guided Tour in Machu Pichu.
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Last lunch in Machu Pichu
- Entrance to Hot Spring 10 soles
Recommendations for Inca Jungle Trail 4 Days (Optional Services):
- Small backpack.
- a polar jacket or fleese.
- Good trekking shoes or boots
- Rain poncho (or Rain Jacket)
- Bathing Suit, Sandals and towels
- Insect repellent
- T-Shirts and Shorts
- Sun block, Sun glasses and hat
- Personal Medicine
- Original passport.
Price Inca Jungle Trail 4 Days
PRICE – US$ 270 per person
- Under 18 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From US $15 (depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$20 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$20 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single Supplement – US$20 2* for single travelers
Booking Form for Inca Jungle Trail 4 Days
Please fill the form to complete your reservation