Duration: 3 Days
Difficulty Level: Moderate
DAY 1: CUSCO-ABRA MALAGA-SANTA MARÍA-SANTA TERESA.
The first day to begin the Inca Jungle Trail starts early in the morning; we will pick you up from your hotel between 6:30 to 7:00 am. For two hours we cross through the Sacred Valley of the Incas. A very famous Valley due it is the leading producer of vegetables in the Cusco region, besides to host imposing Inca palaces and buildings. During the route we stop for 30 minutes in Ollantaytambo village, where we have breakfast and buy some candies, chocolates, cookies, and energizantes, we will continue driving for 1 more hour until arriving to Abra Malaga pass , located at 4350 m.a.s.l.From where we will descend with bicycles for around 3 hours observing small towns, fruit plantations, rivers and creeks until arriving to the town of Huamanmarca, where we catch again the car that will transport us for 30 more minutes to Santa Maria town, where we will have lunch. In the afternoon at 15:00 pm you can go to do river rafting (not included/optional). 2 hours of full adrenaline and fun into the Urubamba river of lll and IV level. After finishing rafting you will catch the car again and it will transport to the Santa Teresa town where you will spend the night.
DAY 2: SANTA TERESA-HIDROELÉCTRICA-AGUAS CALIENTES.
We wake up at 8:00 am and after breakfast we will go to zip lining (not included/optional).After zip lining we will catch the car that will transport us to the town of Hidroelectrica, where we have lunch and resting time, in the afternoon we will continue hiking for 3 more hours next to the train railway, where we will observe beautiful landscapes until arriving to Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES- MACHUPICCHU-CUSCO.
This day will be for sure the most fascinating for you, because you will see Machupicchu in all its glory from dawn. We get up at 5:00 am and after our breakfast we will go to the bus station for boarding the first bus that leaving at 5:30 am to be in Machupicchu at 6:00 am. Inside Machupicchu we will have 2 hours guided tour where you will visit the most remarkable places such as: el torreón semicircular, el templo de las tres ventanas, el intihuatana, el templo del cóndor, la sala de los morteros y el baño del inca. Then you will have free time to explore Machupicchu by your own or descend to Aguas calientes (Lunch in not included). In the afternoon you will board the train from Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo, place from where you will be transported by touristic bus to Cusco. Estimated arrival to Cusco (20:00 pm)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN Inca Jungle Trail:
- Transport from Cusco to Abra Malaga
- Packed lunch for day 1
- Food from lunch day 1 to breakfast day 3
- Professional bilingual guide
- Bike with front suspension, gloves and helmet
- 02 nights accommodation in basic hostels/lodges
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Train back and transport to Cusco
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Lunch/dinner day 3
- Rafting in Santa Maria, optional US$35
- Zip line in Santa Teresa, optional US$30
- Cable car, 10 soles (not optional)
- Hot Springs in Santa Teresa, optional 10 soles
- Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes, optional 10 soles
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, optional US$12 each way
- Huayna Picchu (US$20) or Machu Picchu Mountain (US$20) see info below
Recommendations (Optional Services):
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Backpack (30 to 40 liters)
- Comfortable clothing for trekking
- Rain gear or poncho (rainy season)
- Sandals for evenings
- Clothing for warm weather
- Warm sweater / jacket for 1st morning
- Flashlight + extra batteries
- Hat for the sun
- Sun block
- Water bottle
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper
- Spending money (soles)
- Original passport
- Student Card from your University (if applicable)
PRICES for Inca Jungle Trail 3 Days
- $250 per person
- Under 18 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From US $15 (depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$20 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$320 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single Supplement – US$20 2* for single travelers
Booking Form for Inca Jungle Trail
Please fill the form to complete your reservation