Duration: 4 Days
Difficulty Level: Moderate
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA (Biking and rafting)
Our adventure of Inca Jungle Trail Luxury starts at 6 am. We leave in our private transport to Ollantaytambo for breakfast, then we drive by bus uphill to reach Malaga pass, (4,350m/14,357ft), where we have a few minutes to prepare our biking equipment and ourselves before we start our 3-hour journey, cycling downhill towards Santa Maria (1,500m/4,950ft). You will enjoy the different microclimates such as the highland, cloud forest, rain forest and the two stunning archaeological sites of Incatambo and Wamanmarca. In the afternoon, we will be able to raft in the Urubamba River for two hours, then back to our countryside lodge for tea and dinner.
Meals: Lunch- Afternoon Tea – Dinner
Accommodation: countryside lodge
Minimum Altitude: 1500m/4,950ft
Maximum Altitude: 4,350m/14,357ft
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – COCALMAYU – SANTA TERESA (Trekking)
Today after an early breakfast, we walk for seven hours through the rainforest, enjoying a myriad of fruit plantations such as avocados, maniocs, oranges, mangoes, cacao, coffee and coca shrubs. We arrive at Quellomayu for lunch. Then we walk up a moderate hill through a portion of the original Inca trail towards the hot springs of Cocalmayu. Once we arrive, we will enjoy the medicinal hot springs and relaxing after our long walk. Afterwards we take the bus to Santa Teresa where we spend the night.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Country lodge
Minimum Altitude: 1500m/4950ft
Maximum Altitude: 1,900m/6,270ft
Distance: 14kms approximately
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES (Trekking)
Today is the toughest and most beautiful day of our trek. After breakfast, we take the bus for 30 minutes to Lucmabamba (2,000m/6,600ft), where we start walking up a moderate hill for 3 hours through portions of the original Inca trail and the cloud forest towards the Puncuyoc Pass. We then walk downhill for about 20 minutes to Llactapata 2,700m/8,907ft, an Inca site located straight in front of the Citadel of Machu Picchu. The panoramic views from this place are breathtaking; you can see different angles of the Citadel of Machu Picchu, the mountains of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu and the Aobamba canyon where another Inca trail can be seen. For the next couple of hours we walk downhill, arriving at the hydroelectric plant for lunch. Afterwards we hike for couple of hours through the National Park of Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, enjoying the amazing location of the Citadel of Machu Picchu and the wall, which is surrounding it.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
Minimum Altitude: 2,000m/6,600ft.
Maximum Altitude: 2,850m/9,407ft
Distance: 16kms approximately
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast, we take the bus around 5:30am up to the Machu Picchu ruins in time for sunrise. Once there we visit one of the most important mystic centers of the world: Machu Picchu. A 2 hour guided tour takes us through the history of these mysterious and charming ruins. After that we will have plenty of time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain or walking up to the Sun Gate. Then we head back to Aguas Calientes for lunch. In the afternoon, we take the return Expedition train to Ollantaytambo at 4:22pm and connect with a private van to take us back to Cusco, arriving at about 8pm.
Minimum Altitude: 2,040m/6,727ft
Maximum Altitude: 2,440m/8,052ft
WHAT IS INCLUDED Inca Jungle Trail Luxury:
- Transfer from your hotel at 7:00 am
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – 2:30 pm – 4:12 pm – 7:00 pm Inca Rail
- Private car to Santa María or biking point
- Bicycles scott hydraulic brakes,integral helmets,full body armor,full safety Equipment.
- All meals except the last day (3 Breakfast, 3 Lunches and 3 Dinners)
- 3 Nights Accomodations (Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes) Private toilets and showers.
- Briefing the day before.
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”
- Entrance to Machu Pichu
- Guided Tour in Machu Pichu.
- Entrance to Hot Spring
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Last lunch in Machu Pichu
Recommendations for Inca Jungle Trail (Optional Services):
- Small backpack.
- a polar jacket or fleese.
- Good trekking shoes or boots
- Rain poncho (or Rain Jacket)
- Bathing Suit, Sandals and towels
- Insect repellent
- T-Shirts and Shorts
- Sun block, Sun glasses and hat
- Personal Medicine
- Original passport.
Price Inca Jungle Trail Luxury 4 Days
PRICE – US$530 per person
***This tour requires a minimum of 3 person for booking.
***This tour can only be done at certain time of year due to weather conditions.
- Under 18 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 11 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Walking Poles – US$15 per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From US $50 (depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade – US$57 per person (For the return to Cusco (Poroy) at 4:43pm )
- Huayna Picchu Mountain – US$20 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – US$20 per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single Supplement – US$30 2* for single travelers
Booking Form Inca Jungle Trail Luxury
Please fill the form to complete your reservation