- Duration: 2 Day
- Difficulty Level: Easy
You will be picked up from your hostel at 10:00 am and driven to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where you will have time to explore the traditional Inca town before catching your train to AguasCalientes at 12.58pm. The train trip is just under two hours and when you arrive there will be someone from the “Intiquilla” hostel to pick you up and conduce where you will spend the night. Your tour guide from the “Peter Group”will meet you up at your hostel to brief you about the trip to MachuPicchu for the following day.
We recommend to walk around Ollantaytambo to visit the ancient town and enjoythespectacularviews. You can get in one of the “Picanterias” and try the delicious “picante” that is a mix of beans and fresh corn with a big glass or “Caporal” of Chicha (ferment corn with a lil bit of alcohol on it)
Starting your ascent to MachuPicchu to arrive in time for sunrise (2 hours aprox,) ,the bus is optional, US$ 12.5 each way; first bus departs at 5:30am).
If you have purchased a pass for HuaynaPicchu o machupicchu mountain 20 usd extra, in advance you will have the opportunity to climb the mountain (climbing time will be determined in advance depending on availability).
There will be a two hours guided tour of MachuPicchu following which you will have the rest of the afternoon to explore MachuPicchu. You need to return to Aguas Calientes at least 30 minutes prior to your train departure at 6:20 pm.There will be a transport called “Mara tours” waiting for you in Ollantaytambo with your name on a list ( check the sticker on your tickets envelop) to bring you back to Cusco, dropping you up at Regocijo square.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Shared transportation from your hostel to Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Train tickets (expedition service) from Ollanta to “Aguas Calientes” and Ollanta
- Hostel in “Aguas Calientes” with private bathrooms, hot water and luggage storage for while you are visiting MP.
- 2 meetings: before your departure for the tour and with Machu Picchu guide the night before you will visit it.
- Basic Continental Breakfast at the hostel in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- 2-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu in English.
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Other meals like Lunch or dinner in “Aguas Calientes”.
- Optional bus from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu ($12,5 each way).
Please fill the form to complete your reservation