- Duration: 1 Day
- Difficulty Level: Easy
If you are short of time or simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu, this full-day trip by train is a package, a good option to you. It includes a return transport, entrance fee and guided tour of Machu Picchu.
Pick-up from your hostel is at 03:30 a.m and within one and half an hour ride you get to the railway station of Ollantaytambo (Sacred Valley) where you’re gonna board a train at 06:10 a.m. You’ll reach the town of “Aguas Calientes” at approximately 07:40 a.m. There our Representative holding a blue flag will welcome you and show you the bus station of shuttle buses towards Machu Picchu (about 25 minutes).
There, you’re going to meet with your Tour Guide who explains you about history of the “Lost City of the Incas”, how this wonderful Inca Sanctuary is also called, within a two and half an hour guided tour of surviving Inca architecture. In this, you could see the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sundial (the most important preserved Intihuatana) the royal quarters and more. You will have a guided tour which will last 2 hours (approx. 120 min). After the visit, you will have some spare time to take photos and enjoy the ruins at your leisure before heading back to the bus to “Aguas Calientes” to take the train back to Ollantaytambo that leaves at 06:20 hrs arriving to Ollantaytambo at 08:00 p.m. There will be a transport called “Mara tours” waiting for you in Ollantaytambo with your name on a list (check the sticker on your ticket envelope) to bring you back to Cusco, dropping you off at “Regocijo Square” at 10 pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Shared transport from the hostel to the train station and hostel.
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to “Aguas Calientes” and “Ollantaytambo”.
- Bus Tickets to and from the Ruins to “Aguas Calientes” – Machu Picchu and “Aguas Calientes”.
- Professional English guided tour of Machu Picchu (approx. 2 hours).
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
Recommendations (Optional Services):
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season (Oct – Mar)
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
Please fill the form to complete your reservation