- Duration: Full Day
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- You´ll be picked up at your hotel in Cusco shortly before 9:00am using the service of our private Marvelous Peru transport and we´ll head by bus to the small picturesque Quechua town of Chinchero. We´ll disembark in Chinchero and begin our bicycle journey, stopping to admire various sights such as the subsistence farms and Huaypo Lagoon in Chinchero and construction along other tiny Andean towns such as Cruzpata.
- Once we arrive at the Inca Agricultural Laboratory of Moray, an impressive and unique set of concentric circular terraces used for the acclimatization of products. Each terrace represents around a 1000m altitude difference, allowing the construction to replicate various microclimates in a small area. The guide will spend about an hour explaining the site´s design and use before we sit down to enjoy our box lunch.
- Afterwards we continue biking towards the town of Maras. About halfway to Maras, the ride will become purely downhill, with some exhilarating cliff curves. At the Maras Salt Mines the guide will spend another hour showing how the Inca diverted a subterranean saltwater stream in small pools on terraces staggered along the hillside, where the Open in new windowcommunity members of Maras still produce salt for local and international consumption. The sunlight playing off the salt surfaces of the hillside produce a sight like you´ve never seen before.
- We´ll then continue on for a brief downhill cruise to Urubamba in order to catch a return bus to Cusco at approximately 5:00pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Tourist Bus Transportation
- Box lunch & 1 bottle of water & bottle of powerade.
- Bicycles scott hydraulic brakes,integral helmets,full body armor,full safety Equipment.
- Professional Tour Guide
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Admission to Archeological Sites s/70 soles in moray s/10 soles at the salt mines.
Please fill the form to complete your reservation