Duration: Full Day
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Itinerary Rainbow Mountain Full Day
DAY 1: CUSCO – PITUMARKA – QESIUNO – RAINBOW MT – QUESIUNO – CUSCO
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4am, then we begin with our amazing 1 day Rainbow Mountain Trek adventure and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) is 3 hours , along the way there are amazing views of farming Inca terraces, valley´s and rocky mountains.
Once we reach the train-head, we start off on our hike following a lovely stream. You will be immediately surprised by herds of alpacas and llamas. Having consistent views of the Ausangate Mountain we hike through villages and interact with the local people who are still keeping the culture alive, After a total hike of 4 – 5 hours, (approx) we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After being awed by their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You can take pictures or just soak up the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
WHAT IS INCLUDED In Rainbow Mountain:
- TRANSPORT: Pick up fron your hotel to Hanchipata (starting point). and Transfer from Hanchipata to Cusco (main square of Cusco).
- Professional and bilingual tour leader.
- 01 breakfast, 01 lunch.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen bottle.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Entry to the national reserve S/10.00.
Recommendations (Optional Services):
- First aid & emergency oxygen bottle You should be prepared to provide your own:
- Sleeping bag confort 10 celsius below cero
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Strong footwear
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece and sweaters. Buy woolens in Cuzco and help the economy while you get your souvenirs
- Camera, films
- Extra batteries – they fade faster in the altitude and cold
- Hat or cap to protect you from the changeable weather
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper – please don’t litter
- Non-disposable canteen and sterilizing tablets (ie. Micropur)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Walking sticks or poles
Please fill the form to complete your reservation