Duration: 4 Days
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Itinerary Salkantay Trek 4 Days
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay trek . As soon as we are at mollepata while you have breakfast the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY:Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHAULLAY OR COLLPAPAMPA (MIGHTY SALKANTAY)
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
2ND DAY:Total distance: 19 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (aprox.)
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SAHUAYACO (CLOUD FOREST)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek and after having lunch we Take a local car to get Hydroelectric station to start walking 2 more hours by taking the railrodad to Aguas Calientes.
3RD DAY:Total distance: 16 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,750 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 1,600 m (aprox.) salkantay trek to machupicchu salkantay trek to machupicchu
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU!!!
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
Machu Picchu guided tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
4TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
WHAT IS INCLUDED In Salkantay Trek 4 Days:
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 17 paxs
- Colection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Mollepata Markocasa ( trailhead)
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo ( expedition service can be at ,18:35pm or 21:30 pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- Cook service (vegetarian food on request
- 3-people tents capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( 4season tent)
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. Chairs and tables)
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes(private room,cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
WHAT ISN´T INCLUDED:
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu.
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in agues calientes
- Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there (30 soles round trip ) Aguas calientes
- Bus ticket from Aguas calientes to Machu Picchu (optional) $ 25 usd round trip ( one way $13 usd and you can buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station).
- Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.$ 90 usd 3 days.(you can share with other person.
- Note: if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
Recommendations (Optional Services):
- Original passport and Student card from your University
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.$10 usd the all trip.
- Sleeping bags $20 usd the all trip.
- Plaster and bandage.
Group Services Salkantay Trek 4 days
- US$ 255.00 per person
Private Service Salkantay Trek 4 days
- US$ 520.00 per person (min: 2 Pax – Max: 10 Pax) via Llactapata
Additional/Extras NOT Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 20.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 20.00
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD 50.00
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
- Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.$ 90 usd 3 days.(you can share with other person)
- Sleeping Bag US$20
- Walking Pole US$10
- Inflatable Mattress US$15
- Single Tent Supplement US$20
Booking Form for Salkantay Trek 4 Days
Please fill the form to complete your reservation